Skip to content
SYSTEM-INPUTS AND PROCESSES
- S.1. There is a written Collection Development Policy.
- S.2. There is a core collection of at least:
- S.2.1. 5,000 titles fo the Academic Unit Library; or
- S.2.2. 10,000 titles that support the instruction, research and other programs for an institution Library.
- S.3. Twenty percent (20%) of the library holdings are of current edition, i.e. with copyright within the last 5 years.
- S.4. The Non-print, digital and electronic resources are available.
- S.5. There is an integrated library system.
- S.6. There are provisions for the preservation, general care, and upkeep of library resources.
- I.1. The Collection Development Policy is regularly reviewed and evaluated by the Library Committee.
- I.2. The library collection and services support the mission and vision of the institution, goals of the College/Academic Unit and objectives of the Program.
- I.3. The library provides, sufficient research books and materials to supplement the client’s curricular needs.
- I.4. The library maintains an extensive (15% of the total) Filipiniana collection.
- I.5. The library provides 3-5 book/journal titles for professional subjects in the major fields of specialization.
- I.6. The Library collection is organized according to an accepted scheme of classification and standard code of cataloging.
- I.7. Regular weeding-out program is conducted to maintain a relevant and updated collection.
- I.8. The quality and quantity of library materials and resources conform with the standards set for a particular academic program.
- O.1. The library core collection is adequate, updated and well-balanced.
- O.2. The professional books, journals and electronic resources for the program are sufficient.